Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie



Just look at this. It just looks like a freakin’ pink hug in a mug. Or jar. Does it really matter? IT’S A PINK HUG PEOPLE!!
When I was younger, I LOVED CHARLIE AND LOLA. I was a normal child and referred to strawberry milk as strawberry milk until I heard Lola say it was pink milk. From then on, it all went downhill. An 11-year-old saying ‘pink milk,’ guys.
….
Note, I still insisted on drinking pink milk just so I could say it, even though I HATED the stuff.


But this? I love.
I actually tried to recreate it after I went to Greece for Easter and we found this adorable tiny shop selling smoothies! I went berserk!! I went for the almond-milk-berry combo (playin’ it safe) after a flirt with a miso, maca thing. Don’t want me none o’ that. They gave it to me in a tall glass filled with the most beautiful pale pink liquid, and I was 11 again. Pink milk has never been so fabulous.
Recipe
(serves one)
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
Cherries/granola (optional, for sprinkling)
Method

  1. Blend it all up, baby. Just blend (But not the cherries and granola).
  1. Eat happily.
Behold the little drowning strawberry :'( 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate-orange frozen bananas

Strawberry, coconut & banana popsicles

Delicious zucchini-banana bread (absolutely no sweetener/sugar!)