Wednesday, 6 July 2016
Sunshine Granita (carrot, orange, peach, pineapple)
Ughhhhh this granita tastes like sunshine! Which is fitting because... SUMMER IS HERE, MY BABIES! I am incredibly happy. Guess what? This crazy lil woman (that would be me) passed all her exams! So the mint hit stress-borne smoothie was unneeded (hahaha. Such lies. We all need it). In celebration of this beautifully sticky summer that is stretching in front of us, eat frozen carrot granita. Nom nom. It is lovely and fresh. And also orange. You can only taste the carrot pulp a little, because when its frozen the texture really changes, but if you're really picky about that you can strain it. However, keepin' all the pulp in really amps up the nutrition and you feel like an orange goddess while chowing down. And really, who doesn't want that?
On another note, I just recently went to France with my Dad, sisters, and lil brother. It was really stressful sometimes, because taking care of my little brother is a big undertaking, but it was also so lovely in the morning when I'd wake up to his little face next to mine, shouting "FAM! WAKE UP!". Ahh. I'm going to do a post about vegan and not-so-vegan eating in Normandy soon, so stay tuned! And eat granita. Lots of granita.
2 tablespoons canned pineapple
Juice of 4 oranges
1. Peel and grate the carrots.
2. Chuck all the lovely stuff in a blender.
3. Blend to your heart's content (or until everything is smooth).
4. Pour into a container and pop in the freezer. Stir every hour until frozen.
5. Serve immediately. However, you can also make this in advance and about half an hour before you serve, take this out to melt a little, and then cut it up into slabs and re-blend. It'll turn into a granita-ish texture. I've tried both, and I loved both ways. The second way just means its a lil more chunky.